This summer season, Cretan Malia Park is the epicenter of authenticity for today’s modern traveler showcasing Crete’s rich heritage and storied soulful, experiences.
A Revamped Poolside Experience
A brand-new main swimming pool is officially open to all resort guests. Designed for families, couples and friends travelling together, the pool features a stunning open layout and unique details, like its white lowered-level deck with sun-loungers, infinity elements and an exclusive “island” deck with knitted cotton poufs; for peace and sun-drenched relaxation. The new swimming pool presents a plethora of exciting experiences or simply a beautiful spot to relax. At the end of an adventurous day, couples and friends can retreat with poolside dining at MEZZE restaurant or admire spectacular sunsets with a refreshing cocktail in hand.
At Cretan Malia’s brand-new restaurant MEZZE, Creative Consultant Chef Athinagoras Kostakos introduces a lively concept and Levant-inspired menu. Shared plates displayed on large trays, call on the magic of fresh herbs and spices, many different kinds of nuts, as well as beans and pulses & plenty of squeezes of lemon. We welcome you in a beautiful outdoor poolside space, with Mediterranean-style decoration, comfortable lounges and a large communal table around an open kitchen, that suffuses the air with an enticing medley of scents.
Tiny and lively , the traditional Cretan “kafenia” (coffee shops), are usually a family affair.
Hidden away in lush green gardens, nestles the traditional Kafenio of Cretan Malia Park. Stone-brick walls, traditional wooden chairs, rustic ambiance
and a wonderfully simple coffee menu is on offer, with typical Cretan meze dishes, delicious local desserts and
great tsikoudia – all prepared and offered with love and care.
Culinary CollaborationsPop-up Garden Dinners at Bostani
Chef Athinagoras Kostakos switches up the typical farm-to-table dinner by bringing the table to the farm. This summer, Athinagoras invites Cretan chefs to host together a journey to a holistic gastronomic experience. A series of intimate chef-led dinners will take place right on the pavilion at the Organic Kitchen Garden, with a nourishing vegetarian menu, utilizing the seasonal harvest of our land.
The events will take place three times a month, from June to September.
Culinary CollaborationsGuest Bartender Mixology Events
Our Guest Bartender Mixology Events invite world-acclaimed tastemakers to get behind the bar and craft their own unique cocktails as our guest bartender of the night. Curated by the award-winning mixologist Aristotelis Papadopoulos, this series of events are built around local, seasonal, quality ingredients and updated versions of classic drinks served and sipped during these laidback evenings.
The events will take place twice a month, from June to September.
This season, we partner with Anne Semonin spa brand, that pioneers since 1985 in natural vegan luxury products and treatments made to measure individuals’ needs and restoring youthful glow & keep your radiance for a lifetime.
Our treatments by KOS PARIS spa brand combine the power of active ingredients from the plant world, rich textures, and respect for the environment.
Find your flow and harness balance with our immersive retreats, combining fitness activities, calisthenics workouts, yoga, meditation & Pilates sessions, book reading & cooking lesson events and laid-back holiday vibe. All led by talented coaches & practitioners.
Refresh by the swimming pool of your choice or unwind at our sandy private beach, where a watersports center offers canoes, pedalos and SUP.
The resort features a basketball half court, a tennis floodlit court & professional tennis service by SUNBALL TENNIS ACADEMY and the ideal spot to play beach volley.
We are proud to be a certified by NATTOUR bike-friendly hotel; guests travelling with their own bikes can use our safe bike parking space, and guests travelling
without two wheels can contact our Concierge for assistance with reserving an e-bike by BICELO.
Regularly scheduled events encourage guests to learn about local culture and take advantage of all the resort has to offer and include Cretan Soul, a hands-on cooking demonstration with the Executive Chef, wine & olive oil tastings and explorations of local customs like Cretan Lyra evenings, grape stomping and Raki spirit distillation.
Our revamped evening entertainment program features live music sessions and DJ nights, as well as movie nights at the open-air cinema and Mamas & Papas parties at The Place.
- We integrate a Sustainable Purchasing Policy & support the Farm to Fork Strategy and local community, we source environmentally friendly products always considering waste minimization.
- We follow sustainable practices to reduce the impact of our operations on the environment and to ensure energy efficiency.
- We integrate a Sustainable Landscape Management in our operation, allowing our guests to experience a herbicides-free environment; by composting our organic waste, we acquire natural fertilizer for our 750 sq.m. Certified Organic Garden & achieve significant reduction of the waste to landfill.
- We support the resort staff who also farm their land, via our Phāea Farmers Program, designed to create more value and quality production for the farmers and resort’s kitchens.
- We work towards implementing a series of actions via our Phāea Plan Bee Program that will enable the bee pollination.
- We work towards a Plastic-less operation, that introduces a plastic reduction roadmap for eliminating unnecessary consumption.
- We are one of the 11 hotels in Greece, that participate in WWF’s “Hotel Kitchen: Food has Value” initiative, that aims to limit food waste generated by the hospitality industry.